Samstag, 18. Februar 2012

Alter Skizzenblock Seite 43-48


Left page: Lyrics from Gavin Friday's Man of Misfortune
a) Sketching a songbased concept for a picture.

b)I was obsessed by trying to catch some special way of looking up/smiling I had in my mind. I even made a video trying to get the facial expression right. Didn't really work though. Best try is still the boygirl in the centre of the page.

Right page:
Sketched some pages from Hiroki Endo's EDEN. Love his style.


Rather boring sketches.


Left page:

a) Rather early character sketches for Yvette, Val and Sky from Zeit ist Geld.
I don't really think neither Val nor Yvette changed very much, though.

b) Sketched the concept for a picture that came to my mind walking home alone some Winter evening. I was unsure whether my friend wanted me with them or not. It was stupid anyway [They scolded me afterwards. Where would I be without them?]. But I tend to do stupid things and believe stupid things from time to time. And as far as I can remember I wasn't very well at that time, anyway.

Right page: Lyrics from The Fray's Little House.
It's about keeping things for yourself and never telling people. Hating yourself for keeping quiet.
Yeah, seems I really didn't have a very nice time. [Strange writing about stuff that happend now quite some time ago [Autumn/Winter 2010]. Shows how old those sketches actually are. I really should get through this sketchbook so I can start with my new one as long as that one still up to date.]

And how many concepts did I have that I never worked on properly?

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen